Viscounts of the West Kingdom Board Game
If you want to wait for the product to be ready to ship, subscribe to our notification.
Viscounts of the West Kingdom is set at a time when the King’s reign began to decline, circa 980 AD. Choosing peace over prosperity, our once strong King began offering our enemies gold and land to lay down their axes. But peace is a tenuous affair. As poverty spread, many people lost faith in his ability to lead and sought independence from the crown. Since finding favor in his courts, our future has also become uncertain. As viscounts, we must be wise and decisive. Loyalty is to be upheld, but gaining favor among the people must be our priority, should there be a sudden shift in power.
The aim of Viscounts of the West Kingdom is to be the player with the most victory points (VP) at game's end. Points are gained by constructing buildings, writing manuscripts, working in the castle and acquiring deeds for new land. Players begin with a handful of townsfolk, but should quickly seek out more suitable talents to advance their endeavors. Each turn they will be travelling around the kingdom, looking to increase their influence among the various areas of society. The game ends once the Kingdom reaches poverty or prosperity - or potentially both!
- As the King’s reign comes to an end, seek the favor of the townsfolk.
- Construct buildings, write manuscripts, work in the castle, and acquire deeds for new land.
- Increase your influence while traveling throughout the kingdom.
- Viscounts of the West Kingdom is the third game in the West Kingdom Trilogy.
- Designed for 1-4 players, ages 12+, to enjoy in 60-90 minutes
- 4 Corruption Markers
- 4 Virtue Markers
- 50 Silver
- 80 Workers (20 per color)
- 4 Viscounts (1 per color)
- 12 Guildhalls (3 per color)
- 12 Trading Posts (3 per color)
- 12 Workshops (3 per color)
- 24 Ink Wells
- 24 Gold
- 24 Stone
- 35 Manuscripts
- 1 Castle
- 1 Start Player Marker
- 4 Player Boards
- 5 Main Board Segments
- 68 Neutral Townsfolk Cards
- 10 Hero Townsfolk Cards
- 32 Starting Townsfolk Cards
- 4 Cleric Bonus Cards
- 1 Castle Leader Card
- 1 Poverty Card
- 1 Prosperity Card
- 10 Player Cards
- 4 Multiplier Cards
- 30 Debt Cards
- 30 Deed Cards
- 8 Starting Scheme Cards (for solo play)
- 8 Future Scheme Cards (for solo play)
- 1 AI Reference Card (for solo play)
Get together to spend time playing some fun board game! Whether you like family board games, strategy games, deck building games or you go for classic games, Foundry Game Room has all of them for you in one place. Select the best board game from our collection, find your favorite one and discover more new board games. Check out our list here and roll a dice on a new game to play!